More often than not, a short term mortgage plan of say 15 years helps you to “cut your cloth according to your size”. People who go for longer term mortgage loans often fall to the danger of buying a house that is pricier than they can actually afford to. If you are looking for a way to check your real estate spending habits, aim for a short term mortgage plan.
To buy your East coast condo, you may have a little difficulty coming up with the 20% down payment that most traditional mortgage lenders require. An 80/20 mortgage loan affords you the opportunity to get a home without the initial down payment. An 80/20 mortgage loan simply means taking out two loans; one of 80% and the other for 20%.
A 100% mortgage loan for your East coast condo is ideal for home owners who are unable to get the 20% down payment that starts the mortgage application process. Some 100% mortgage lenders may require you to buy private mortgage insurance which can be a big money eater. If you are looking for a good 100% mortgage loan, look for the one that does not demand that you buy private mortgage insurance so that you can save extra cash.
Mortgage lenders are often of the belief that a long term loan for their East coast condo comes with more risks than a short term loan. With a long term mortgage loan, the borrower may eventually lose his or her job or even drop dead. The uncertainty of life usually makes mortgage lenders in a long term loan plan secure their loan with higher interest rates.
Many home owners face the problem of keeping up with their monthly payments due to one unforeseeable event or the other. The best way to tackle a failed monthly payment on your home mortgage is to inform your lender and let them know that you are incapable of meeting the deadline. More often than not, mortgage lenders have several options designed to help you meet your monthly payments.